Retül tools, technology and methodology are built on three foundations that result in the application of accurate, objective and comprehensive bike fit data to a rider’s position on the bike.
Retül Bike Fitting Belfast
Dynamic fitting is the most comprehensive
Using motion capture technology, Retül records a rider’s position while he or she is in motion, therefore creating the most realistic picture of the rider’s actual pedal strokes and body positions when out on the road and trails.
Biomechanics are best assessed in 3D space
Fit data collected in a traditional two-dimensional plane (such as video) is fairly limited because the fitter can only look at one view at a time. In order to see how all of the applicable movements of the body are working together, the front and side planes of a rider should be viewed as interdependent reference points. Retül’s motion sensors simultaneously gather data on multiple angles of the rider in three dimensions.
Measurement accuracy is vital
Slight inaccuracies (the difference of millimeters) can drastically change a rider’s feel after a ride. The Retül system is accurate to within less than a millimeter, creating true objective data which can be utilized by the fitter for the perfect biomechanical fit.
What happens during a Retül bike fit?
A bike fit using Retül technology typically includes the following steps:
- The fitter does an initial physical assessment of the rider, and at this point can address the rider’s concerns about performance, pain, or any other issues the rider hopes to alleviate during the bike fit.
- LED markers are strategically placed on eight anatomical points of the rider: the wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle, heel, and toe.
- As the rider pedals, Retül’s sensor bar gathers real-time, three-dimensional data of the rider’s pedal strokes and movements.
- Retül’s rotating platform allows the fitter to collect data for both sides of the rider without the rider leaving the bike.
- The rider’s data is compiled into a reader-friendly report for analysis by the fitter. The fitter can then assess the rider’s position and make necessary adjustments.
- The Zin, Retül’s handheld digitizer, allows the fitter to digitally measure the rider’s bike at 13-15 points, depending on the bike. The Zin can measure fixed points, contours, and curves, and provides a complete digital map of the bike.
- The fit information is saved and stored on the fitter’s computer.
- The data includes the rider’s personal profile, measurements from the fit, bike measurements, and the rider’s final fit position.
- The fitter will be able to access and print these records for comparison and tracking of historical fit data for the client.
Contact us now to book an appointment.
What should I bring?
Bike fits last between 2-3 hours with our fully trained bike fitter Sean.
For your bike fit you will need your bike, lycra shorts, cycling shoes and a jersey. You will be on a static turbo for the duration of the fit.
Cost for a bike fit is £150.00 including a follow up session.